Groups & Clubs
TBI Community Dinner
TBI’s communal potluck Shabbat dinners are held on the first Friday night of every month, following the Family Shabbat service. Please bring a vegetarian dish to share, join in some Shabbat z’mirot, and enjoy an evening with community.
Rosh Chodesh Women’s Group
TBI Film Club
TBI Book Club
Drop In and Chat / Knitting Circle
Second and fourth Wednesday of the month 10.30am–12.30pm. For seniors looking for a couple of hours of companionship in a low-key, relaxed atmosphere. $2 to cover costs includes tea, coffee and biscuits. New friends always welcome.
Living with Dementia Support Group
- Members of the Jewish community are warmly invited to attend our carer’s support group. This group, hosted by TBI, offers support and information to family members and friends caring for someone with dementia.
- This group is facilitated by social workers Denise Same and Mark Silver. Speakers address the group and offer useful resources to support carers.
- Upcoming Living with Dementia Support Group meetings are held 7.30-9pm
- The Living with Dementia Support Group is an initiative of the Caring Community Group.
- For more information please contact 9510 1488.
Jewish Care Outreach Program
- Each week the groups meet, socialise, eat lunch, listen to a guest speaker, discuss an interesting topic and enjoy a concert.
- Thursday: 11am-2pm.
- Bookings required: Jewish Care Team Leader Jennifer Murray email@example.com or 8508 6322.
The Men’s Group is an informal gathering where men meet to talk about life, read chapters on Israel or history, study Hebrew texts or listen to guest speakers. On the third Sunday of the month at 8pm in private homes. Contact Albert Bentata at 9528 4242.